The Liberal Democrats believe that,
- Any drug that is less harmful than alcohol or tobacco, such as cannabis, should be fully legalised.
- Personal use of all drugs should be decriminalised, and the focus should shift from law enforcement and criminality to harm prevention and treatment.
To that end, we will;
- Fully legalise soft drugs, using an evidence and research-based approach.
- Decriminalize all drugs and shift the focus of regulation from an issue of crime and punishment to one of health and harm prevention.
- Ensure that laws regarding underage use, driving and use in public are strong and enforced.