The Liberal Democrats believe that,
- Consuming alcohol, regardless of health risks, is a personal choice. We are neither pro-alcohol nor anti-alcohol, but pro-choice.
- People who choose to consume alcohol should not be taxed excessively for doing so.
- Any behaviour that places others under risk, i.e. drink driving, operating machinery while under the influence, should not be tolerated.
To that end, we will;
- Eliminate the ‘sin tax’ of alcohol excise.
- Ensure that laws pertaining to drink driving and drinking in some public places remain strong and fairly enforced.